Rich in Scenery,
Rich in History...
Fork Union, Virginia
Envoy at The Village in Fork Union, Virginia is located in an area rich in both scenery and history. The facility is located within thirty miles of Monticello and within one hour of Appomattox, the famous location of the surrender of the Confederate army. Read More...
Find an Envoy Health Care Facility Near You
Search for locations near you, or your loved one by state.
Envoy of Thorton Hall
Located on the banks of the Lafayette River in Norfolk, Virginia, Envoy of Thorton Hall is a 60-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center and a 25-bed Assisted Living Facility. At Envoy of Thorton Hall, we are dedicated to improving the lives of our residents.
We are conveniently located near DePaul Medical Center, Norfolk General Hospital and Lake Taylor Transitional Care Hospital. We are also located near Norfolk International Airport and Interstate 64.
Our guiding principle is our philosophy of care. We are devoted to meeting the therapeutic needs of our residents with the values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion. We empower our employees to be exceptional "Ambassadors of Care, providing service with their hearts and hands," signifying the enormous responsibility we have when entrusted with the care of your loved one.
With an intensive focus on rehabilitation, including physical, occupational and speech therapies, as well as lifestyle retraining programs and restorative nursing programs, our Medical Director, Dr. William Hovland, and his associates, provide exceptional medical care and services to our center.
At Envoy of Thorton Hall, we strive to create a warm home-like atmosphere where everyone is treated like family. For the benefit and convenience of our residents, our facility offers comfortable dayrooms, beauty and barber shop services and a variety of recreational activities. Residents can relax outdoors and enjoy our gazebo and patio with family and friends.
Envoy of Thorton Hall has been recognized as a 2011 recipient of the Bronze – Commitment to Quality National Quality Award presented by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), a trade organization with approximately 11,000 members nationwide.
- Beauty Parlor & Barber Shop Services
- A Wide Variety of Social, Spiritual, Recreational, and Therapeutic Activities
- Chaplain Services and Weekly Church Services
- Themed Parties and Holiday Celebrations
- Monthly BookMobile Visits by the Norfolk Public Library
- Outdoor Courtyard and Gazebo for Socialization and Cookouts
- Individually Controlled Heating and Air Conditioning Units in Each Room
- Daily Housekeeping and Linen Services
- Wireless Internet Access
- Our Assisted Living Facilty Offers All the Above Amenities, as well as:
- The Convenience of Home, as well as Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- A Comfortable Home-Like Environment
- 24-hour Skilled Nursing Services
- Medical Director and Attending Physicians Available 24 hours a Day
- 24-hour Health Care Monitoring Under the Direction of the RN, Director of Clinical Services
- Pharmacy Services Provided by Omnicare Pharmacy
- An inital Assessment of the Residents' Rehabilitative Needs by an In-House Therapy Provider with Full-Time Therapists for: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Respiratory TherapyAvailable as Needed, Accelerated Care Plus Therapy Program, Vital Stimulation for Speech Therapy
- Additional Comprehensive Care for: Orthopedic Conditions, Neurological Conditions, General Debilitation, Acute and Chronic Pain, Lymphedema Management, Gait and Balance Disorders
- Psychological Services Available Weekly
- Scheduled Podiatry & Optometry Services
- Specialized Diets as Determined by the Resident's Physician with Oversight of a Registered Dietitian
- Respite Care and Short Stay Residency Available
- Our Assisted Living Facility offers all of the above services, as well as:
- Medication Management by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Medication Technicians
- Medication Management with Registered Nurse Oversight
- Rehabilitative Services as Described Above, Including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Residents Council
- Three delicious Meals Serviced Daily
- A Variety of Healthy Between Meal Snacks Available Daily
Referral Base for Health Care Entities Not Available Within the Facility
|Rewarding Careers, Competitive Benefits
Envoy offers challenging and rewarding careers in the skilled nursing, rehabilitative, Alzheimer's, assisted living and DME setting....read more
|Our Employees Make The Difference
At Envoy Health Care, we've succeeded because of our employees - a caring team of highly trained professionals who are...read more